Monday, January 28, 2013

Cocoa Brown 1 hour Tan

Let me start by saying that I was cursed with skin so pale it's almost translucent. It also doesn't take to tan very well, so no matter what tan i used, i ended up blotchy, streaky and porous  Not a good look! I had essentially given up on a golden glow and was settling into my pasty life, but my Twitter feed was clogged up with rave reviews for Cocoa Brown. For €7.99 what had I to lose?

Cocoa Brown, €7.99 in pharmacies nationwide 

I didn't go in to this experiment with very high expectations. I've been told to try so many different tans that were meant to be FANTASTIC, but left me looking like a half painted oompa loompa. I followed the instructions on the bottle, even the handy little tanning tips! The tan comes out as a mousse, and couldn't be easier to apply. There's a slight colour when you first put it on, so you can see exactly where you got and missed, but rest assured that you will get darker! 1 point to Cocoa Brown!

 As for the smell... WHAT SMELL???? It's fantastic! A developing tan that doesn't leave you smelling like a soggy digestive biscuit! There's actually quite a pleasant, mildly fruity smell off it. So you can apply it and go about your business without being self conscious about any smells! Point number 2!

The only down side to this tan is that in my opinion it shouldn't be advertised as a 1 hour tan. Yes, after 1 hour you definitely have a colour, but it's quite light, even for the palest of the pale. I found leaving it on for 2-3 hours gives you gorgeous, natural golden tan. As far as downsides go, it's pretty minor!

This took to my skin like a dream. My tan was even, streak free, natural looking and faded evenly. It's essentially fool proof. From my experience you would have to go out of your way to botch this up.Also, im going in to my 4th all over body tan from the same bottle, so it's unbelievable value!

Cocoa brown has definitely converted me. It's one of the best, most affordable tans on the market. It's just €7.99 from pharmacies nationwide, and is heaps better than some of the more expensive tans on the market. I would, and definitely will, buy this tan again. It's a pale girls new best friend!

2 comments:

  1. Just came across your review there now. Thank you! Delighted you like the product, M xx

    ReplyDelete