Friday, August 15, 2014

Busy busy busy! Beauty training update.

I thought it might be nice to add a little update on how my training with Beauty Skills is going.  The last time I posted about it everything was new and exciting and honestly I was a bit worried that somewhere down the line the novelty would wear off or my laziness would takw over and I'd realise. .... actually, this is more work than I'm willing to put in!

I'm happy to report that that absolutely hasn't happened! I'm still absolutely loving it! I'm learning so much and having a lot of fun doing it.

I won't lie, it's a lot of work, and there are aspects of it that I struggle with. Particularly the anatomy and physiology side of things. The human body is an amazing,  if bloody complicated,  piece of machinery! That said, it's still very interesting!  Sitting at home with my head in a book or scribbling out notes is not a chore!

The practical side is so much fun! And seeing the progress im making, and all the other girls, is just so satisfying and motivating. The first  week I was sticking my gloves to myself with wax and now I can competently wax all standard areas! The waxing is actually one of my favourite things to do now, and I thought I'd hate it!

Our first set of exams are in October, and we're making flying progress! I'm honestly not too worried.... yet!

I've been enjoying it so much that I've even set myself up a little practical room at home and have been recruiting guinea pigs to practice on. I've been picking bits up here and there when I can afford it, and was generously given a lend of a wax pot to practice with.

Not only that, but on the more sentimental side of things,  I think taking up this course has done great things for my confidence. Like today I stripped off in front of a girl I have to see almost every day for the next 10 months, have her examine me in all my glory and it didn't phase me at all!

It's been an absolutely fantastic experience so far, and a great opportunity!  I really am enjoying myself and am already planning courses to after to further my qualifications! I couldn't recommend the course enough to anyone with an interest in beauty. The tutors are brilliant and you'll learn more than you ever thought you needed to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment