Wednesday, August 6, 2014

NYX Matte not flat foundation review

For some reason, Blogger decided to completely eradicate my original review from the face of the earth, so here we go with round two!..... fingers crossed!

As most of you know, unless you've been hiding under a rock, NYX landed on our fair shores a few months ago (in selected store) sending the blogerspher all a tizzy! My closest stockist was all the ways over in Bradley's Pharmacy in Blanch (boohoo) so getting my mitts on some was proving quite tricky! That's where the wonderful GirlFriday stepped in, took way my little shopping list and worked her magic!


I initially had my eye on the Invincible foundation (dat full coverage!!) but it wasn't in stock so I got Matte not flat instead! Lets start with the pro's!

It's one of very few foundations that matches my skin tone almost exactly without any faffing about! If anything, it's bordering on TOO pale! (I KNOW!!!) It comes in 5 shades so there should be something to suit all skin types!


It's blends really easily, and sets to a nice matte finish, but doesn't make my skin look dull or lifeless.

It has a fairly reasonable price point! (Can be yours for a sweet 13 fiddy from Littlewoods)

It has a medium to light coverage, so is enough to cover any mild redness, and feels nice and light on the face. The coverage is a bit of a double edged sword for me, even during the day I tend to lean more towards a full coverage, but I did find it to be quite buildable.


Now for the bad stuff...

I found that when I wore it without a primer it had a tendency to sit in my pores, which i HATE. Considering that I'd mostly be using this as a foundation for college, I'd often just be whacking it on and running out the door, so I don't have time to be worrying about primers! This is a bit of a bug bear for me unfortunately!

It's not hugely long lasting, I found after a few hours it was fading around my oily areas!

All in all I'd give Matte not flat 3/5. It is a good little daytime foundation, as long as you don't mind the occasional touch up, and prime time if you have visible pores!

3 comments:

  1. It's a pity the coverage isn't better, but it looks incredible on you! Damn you and your quelle flawless visage! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thank you haha!! It's really good for any redness, but not so much for any darker blemishes! Worth an investment anyway!

      Delete
  2. It looks gorgeous on you! I have yet to find a stand...

    ReplyDelete