Thursday, September 3, 2015

Make up Revolution Ultra face base

Ever since Makeup Revolution popped up in my local Superdrug I've been a HUGE fan. I use their pallets almost daily as they're so versatile. I've dabbled in a few of their other products, but never their foundations as Superdrug never stocked my shade. (The MUR stand in my Superdrug is slim pickings at the best of times)


However, today they had it in stock (HALLELUJAH!!) so I dived on it. Now, Ultra face base is a BB cream foundation hybrid, and it's only €3.85, so I wasn't expecting miracles. But nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I used a MUR primer and applied using a flat brush and just tapped with a sponge. Well, initially I was blown away. The shade is perfect for pale skin (I used FB02) as it's pale but pink toned so doesn't leave you looking ghostly.


It's much fuller coverage than any BB cream I've ever used, in fact it's a fuller coverage than some medium-full foundations I've used. It covered all my redness without needing concealor. The formula itself is quite thick, but blends and builds perfectly, and doesn't create a mask like effect. In my opinion it left my skin looking quite porcelain and almost airbrushed.

Freshly applied
What I love most about this base is its lasting power. Lately, my make up has been needing almost hourly touch up's to cover shine, but I honestly have not had to touch my face up all day. It hasn't separated or gone patchy on my oily skin, whereas foundations (with a much higher price tag) would only last about 2-3 hours. It also doesn't feel heavy on my skin.
After 10 hours and 0 touch up's

 If you want a full coverage foundation with good lasting power, that's buildable and blends well, then you really can't get much better than Ultra Face in my opinion. It's worth every penny of its €3.85 price tag. I'm going to give it a few more uses, and investigate the different shades, but id already be fairly confident using this foundation on clients! 

No comments:

Post a Comment