Friday, January 6, 2012

Essence Colour &Go #55Let's get Lost

Now , I know I said I love a bargain, so when I saw Essence had a range of polish's for €1.49 in a pretty damn good variety of colours, I thought I'd hit the jackpot. Essence has matured from a brand that started of pretty much aimed at preteen's to a brand that I'd buy, and women even older than myself would dabble in. I thought this would reflect in the quality of their products, and it a lot of cases it does (particularly the mascara's) but unfortunately with the Colour and Go range you get exactly what you pay for. Which, at €1.49, is not a lot.


I picked up shade #55 'Let's get Lost' and really liked the shade.It goes on thick so you only really need 1 coat, 2 max.

But that's it's only redeeming factor. It's barely dry and it's already chipping off. Even with a top coat it has little to no staying power. I applied it late at night, and woke up in the morning to 2 chipped nails, so unless I'm doing some strenuous exercise in my sleep, that's just not good enough.


By evening time pretty much every nail had chipped, so I admitted defeat and took it off. And what did I find? It had stained my nails a rather disgusting shade of blue. Beautiful!! For a polish that managed to stay on for well under 24 hours, this is actually kinda impressive!!

There's a reason these polish's are €1.49....and it's because that's all they are worth!

No comments:

Post a Comment