Wednesday, October 16, 2013

MUA Smokin' pallet

I stumbled across this little gem on Instagram and have been on the hunt for it for weeks. My local SuperDrug has a really shocking MUA stand, it's always half empty! So I was very shocked to see plenty of the new Smokin' pallets on the stand! Gimme!


I did try talk myself outta buying it, mainly because I'm in a bit of a stinker with superdrug at the moment. I told myself that I probably wouldn't wear any of the colours..... lies! I adore the colours, particularly the jewel toned ones, they're so rich and autumny looking!


You can't really make out the top two shades, they are extremely light. But all the shades seem to blend really well and are extremely pigmented, not unusual for MUA to be fair.

As always,  the packaging is simple and convenient, and it's a perfect multi purpose pallet to throw in your bag for a weekend away as it's so versatile. 


There are just 2 things im not massively fond of with this pallet, 1- the eyeliner doesn't come with a lid and 2- there's no brush. Given the €7.75 price tag, the fact that i probably won't even use the Kohl liner, and probably just used my own brushes anyway, they're things I can definitely overlook. 

3 comments:

  1. I have been looking for this as well but our superdrug is the same always a half empty display that they never are able to fill :( Not a fan of no top on the eyeliner but the colours of the shadows look lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours do make up for it for the most part. I'm a liquid liner devotee so it will probably never get used, I kinda wish they put in a brush instead.

    ReplyDelete