Saturday, August 10, 2013

Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner

Argan oil shampoo and conditioner, with some other goodies  
During the week I picked up Argon Oil Shampoo and conditioner in my local ODC Chemist for just €2 each. I'm normally a bit wary or changing my hair products, shampoo in particular because I'm always afraid it will strip the colour from my hair. I just couldn't pass up a bargain like that (€2 for a 250ml bottle). The shampoo and conditioner have heaps of hair friendly ingredients, most notably Argan oil itself, but also has a lot of other fruit and vegetable derived extracts. Like a healthy meal for your gruaig!

I used them both today for the first time, all the while saying a little prayer for my colour) and I'm actually really impressed. You know the way sometimes in the shower you can tell whether it's gonna be a good day just by the feel of your hair? It's gonna be a good hair day! After just shampooing my hair felt a lot softer and smoother. I left the conditioner in for about 4-5 minutes then rinsed.

Through winced eyes I checked my colour in the mirror. Obviously, as Crazy colour fades with every wash, my hair was a little lighter, but absolutely no more than it would be with my regular shampoo, 1 point to Argan oil!

My hair immediately felt a lot softer, and a lot less brittle. It was completely knot free when I brushed it, which may not sound like a big deal, but it really is when it comes to my hair. When I blow dried it, it was really soft and manageable. Another point!!

Both the shampoo and conditioner have a beautiful clean smell. I decided not to straighten my hair so the smell would be more potent and I'd have something to sniff during the day!

Fair enough, my split ends are still there, but it would take more than a shampoo and conditioner to conquer those bad boys. Lets not forget that I paid €4 for both, I wasn't expecting miracles. And I didn't get any, but I got a pleasantly surprised by a bargain buy that i would definitely buy again! (try say that 3 times fast!)


No comments:

Post a Comment