Thursday, August 29, 2013

Oriflame blogger meet up in Avoca

This afternoon I had the absolute privilege of heading along to the Oriflame event held in the beautifully quaint surroundings of Avoca in Dublin. A lot of you may have heard of Oriflame, but not know an awful lot about it, I know I didn't! Funnily enough, my mam knew a lot about it, and when I mentioned them said she hadn't heard of them in years! Oriflame is a make up brand similar to Avon in that it's only available to order and not in store. Since Avon pulled out of Ireland there's been a HUGE gap in the market for a catalogue make up brand, and the long standing Oriflame are really upping their game to fill that gap.












Upon arrival we were greeted by a glass of prosecco and extremely friendly staff members and given a brief overview of the company, as a lot of younger bloggers in particular wouldn't know a lot about the band. We were encouraged to have a look and play with some of the products, which were displayed beautifully I must add. Seriously, whoever was in charge of laying out the room deserves a very hearty pat on the back, it was really stunning and showed off the products in the best light.


After a drink, a chat, and a bite to eat we were sat down to a demonstration by a make up artist. She showed us 2 looks, nude and a dramatic smokey eye, using all Oriflame products. Fair dues to the make up artist, who's name has just escaped me, she did an absolutely stellar job. She was personable and bubbly, but still professional and made the already stunning model look absolutely fantastic. Seriously, this model.... I've never felt eyebrow envy like it in my life!














After the demonstration we were handed empty bags and told to go around the room and take whatever products we wanted to try. They had laid out everything from foundation to cleanser, there was really nothing more you could have asked for. Handing a beauty blogger an empty bag in a room full of cosmetics is an EXTREMELY dangerous thing to do, so kudos to Oriflame for that! I have never received such a generous goody bag in all my blogging life!


You can rest assured that my blog will heavily feature Oriflame over the next few weeks. I have so many products to sift through, and I'm really excited about having a play with every one of them! I have to say a huge thank you to Oriflame for their hospitality and generosity. I may not have known a lot about the brand going in, but I am definitely a lot more interested in them now. As is my mother, who has ransacked my goody bag and staked her claim on some of it!

1 comment:

  1. I have heard of Oriflame but only through twitter or facebook, I'm not familiar with any of the products or the brand really. Looking forward to reading your posts about it! Just recently found your blog, it's lovely x

    ReplyDelete