Thursday, September 12, 2013

SBBC Day 11- My biggest beauty fails

I think we all wrack up some beauty fails throughout the years,  particularly when you're younger and braver and nothing is off limits. I spent most of my 13th year wandering around the place looking like aunt Sally, until my dad finally snapped and refused to drop me anywhere until I sorted my blusher out.

Then there was the time I got handsy with a blue and silver glitter pot and applied it, with no great skill or precision, to essentially my entire face. I looked like a picture a child painted, but at the time I was only gorgeous.

Speaking of glitter, do you remember body glitter? Do you remember rooms full of preteen girls shimmering like human disco balls?

The one fail that stands triumphant among them all (triumphant in that it was the absolute worst) was when I was 17, had just broken up with someone, and thought I had nothing better to do than chop off my lovely long blonde hair and dye it black. In my post relationship haze, I thought I looked really edgy and cool, in reality I looked like a corpse in a school uniform. Im just far too pale for dark hair. Not even pale, ghostly. Then began the 2 year battle to get my hair back a lighter colour without it all falling out. Never, ever again.

3 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha I cut all my hair off and dyed it black too (morto picture on my post about this) - also was a big fan of the glitter, body glitter, glitter hairspray, glitter hair mascara, bindis, sweet jesus....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why didn't someone just say 'no pet, you're too sparkly, go have a shower'?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete