Tuesday, September 10, 2013

SBBC Day 9- A pop of colour

I absolutely love a pop of colour,  especially during the summer months. It really brightens up my mood,  and makes me a little cheerier. I personally find it a bit easier to incorporate colour when the weather is lovely and bring as you can get away with such vibrant,  bold colours.

I do tend to keep colour minimal in my make up, as my hair is very bright and it can look a bit much. So my nails get a lot of colour.

When I do wear colour it's almost exclusively on the lip. Im a huge fan of a bold,  bright lip, particularly pinks and corals.
NYC Expert last lipstick in Pink Rose
On the rare occasion I'm not sporting a plain cat flick, or dramatic smokey eye, I do like to experiment with colour. I just find the colour and shape of my eyes more suited to a simpler look.

Coming into A/W I'll be obsessed with deeper,  richer colours like plums and dark reds, even browns. I love autumn,  rich colours,  layers and knitwear. Heaven. My current favourite is my Oriflame deep plum lipstick. I love the colour and finish,  there's a lovely sheen to it.

7 comments:

  1. I love the look of that Oriflame plum lippie, really nice and deep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has really good staying power too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops I filled out the form at the bottom as a comment post accidentally... what I meant to write here was what a babe you are in the last photo :P

    ReplyDelete