Monday, September 16, 2013

Wow Brown Ready To Glo Dark tanning liquid

The lovely folk at Wow Brown sent out some lucky Bloggers a little surprise of a bottle of their award winning Ready To Glo Dark tanning liquid. My little pressie arrived in a big purple sparkly envelope, with a full size bottle of tan and a little note thanking me for me previous review, which you can read here. How sweet!


Now initially I was a  bit wary of the word 'Dark' because I am whiter than white and was afraid that it just wouldn't suit me because I don't like to tan my face. I was in fear of the dreaded marshmallow head. I won't lie, I was in 2 minds about whether to apply it at all, would it be worth the hassle just to go a few shades too dark and have to scrub it all off? But I persevered! But Fran and Don were kind enough to send me a bottle, and even if it's too dark for me it may suit someone else down to the ground!


Same as my last bottle, the paraben free liquid comes in a handbag friendly sized bottle, perfect for holidays and weekends away. The spray cap gives you complete control of the amount of liquid you spritz onto your mitt. Remember though, a little bit of this condensed liquid goes a very long way. 1-2 sprays will do an entire arm! The packaging claims to contain enough product for 7-10 full body applications, and I'd definitely agree since I still have a good 1/4 of my first bottle left and have used it on my upper body countless times.

There's a lovely golden glow the second you apply the tan, and the next second you're dry as a bone. The liquid absorbs extremely quickly, making this an excellent 'tanning at the last minute' tan. The colour guide also makes it near impossible to leave you with streaks or missed patches. The 'boyfriend friendly' scent is lovely and floral, and doesn't change during development. I would be quite sensitive to that biscuity smell a lot of developing tans have and can always smell it off others, so I absolutely HATE being able to smell it off myself. But, being so impressed with my last bottle, I really wasn't expecting to smell like a digestive!

Now onto the colour! You're supposed to leave the tan on for 5 hours, then hop in the shower, or leave on longer for a more intense colour. I've never been known for my bravery, so I showered after the allotted time just in case. What I was left with was a lovely, naturally bronzed, streak free day time tan that's completely appropriate for the change of season! Tbh, I would have gotten away with leaving it on longer, and definitely will if I am wearing it for a night out!


I personally find the wear off of Ready To Glo products to be the best of any tan I've ever used, so I'm hoping it's the same with the darker liquid. I'm almost certain it will be, Fran and Don have never given me reason t doubt them! The tan retails at €21.99 and can be bought direct from the Wow Brown website.

Happy tanning guys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment